One thought on “Open Discussion Post – Week 2”

1. I am reading the link of make room for in your design and found that the content of this article is related to my current experience in the UK- the address postcode. I would like to share my personal experience.
    It is common in Edinburgh to fill address starting with putting in our postcode, and there will be a list of addresses for users to choose.
    I fill an online form in order to change my current address and its postcode which is given by university accommodation. But it is a wrong postcode, some websites do not allow users to fill in by a manual way and ask users to phone the support team. It means that if the postcode is wrong, we cannot change address online till we enter a right postcode or have to give a call to the customer service.
    I guess that this original design may consider people write up a wrong address (manual way) and provide a simple way (postcode) of automatically filling in an address to reduce mistakes. However, it lacks flexibility.

Some online system in certain countries only provides the users with a cell to key in their address.
    Compare the two differences, I have not found out the reasons though.